Single-Use Plastic Bags
- Consumers use more than 500 billion plastic shopping bags per year worldwide.
- That amounts to almost 1 million bags per minute!
- These single-use bags end up in our landfills and drains.
- Plastic bags don’t biodegrade, they photo-degrade.
- Photo-degradation is a chemical change in which light absorption reduces the useful properties of materials, particularly polymers.
- This means they break down into small toxic bits that pollute our soil, rivers, lakes and oceans.
- Because plastic bags require vast amounts of oil to produce, they contribute to expensive dependence on foreign countries.
Legislating Positive Change
- The days of single-use bags are numbered, they are simply not sustainable.
- Even paper bags, which were once thought of as a more environmentally friendly choice, are coming under scrutiny.
- Sustainable products are becoming more and more crucial to our environment.
- Increasingly, cities and states across the U.S. are legislating the reduction or outright ban of plastic and other single-use bags.
Your #1 Source for Eco-Friendly Bags
For more information on The Green Bag Company, call 415.693.0189 or submit a no-obligation quote request.